Recently I had the great pleasure of appearing on the George Galloway show on Sputnik. It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of this show and to meet one of my heroes once again. I do hope you enjoy the interview!

There is no doubt in my mind that the world is finally changing. The shocking killing of George Floyd in the States seems to have ignited something around the world which I believe will be difficult to stop. The Black Lives Matter campaign is now resonating across the world from the US to the UK to Australia to Africa and all countries in between. We are heading for a new normal! We should not miss this opportunity to make the world a better place.

The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.

Yesterday, friends and family gathered to celebrate the life of a truly remarkable individual. His name was Colin Walters! Colin was the founding Programme Controller, then later, Managing Director of Piccadilly Radio and changed the lives of so many individuals including me. The stories told by the likes of Jim Hancock, Brian Beech, Chris Briar and others will live long in the memory. The more personal family contributions were simply beautiful. Having been in this game for quite a long time I have some favourite songs for times like these. I think Vince Gill says it best.

On Thursday the 31st of October, The Diane Modahl Sports Foundation ‘City of Champions’ Gala Dinner was held at The Hilton Hotel, Manchester. This is an annual event which aims to acknowledge and celebrate the success of people in the areas of sport, education and business, who are giving back to the next generation of champions. I had the great pleasure of playing a small part in the proceedings.

Last Saturday, 3rd August, had the great pleasure of travelling to London with the legend that is Steve Quirk. We had been invited to the Colourful Radio staff barbecue and what a joyous event it was. Absolutely wonderful to meet all the staff hanging out together ... and the food was seriously awesome. The jerk chicken was off the scale and the fruit punch..WOW! Already looking forward to the next one.

Last weekend, Danum Eagles hosted their All-Star Weekend in Doncaster, and what a magnificent event it was. Players aged from 4 to, in excess of 50 took to the floor for a spectacular display of how joyous basketball can be. Many thanks to all the legends who turned out for the All-Star game, including Charles Smith, Rob Marsden, Jason Swaine, Dirk Williams and Matthew Martin. And thanks to Bob Martin for his continued hard work in promoting the sport, and to all the fans who made it a truly wonderful event!

Last Saturday, BBraun celebrated 20 years at their present site in Sheffield. A massive party was held for all the staff and I had the great pleasure of hosting the event. To say a fun day was had by all would be to massively understate the day's proceedings. It was truly joyous!

DBL Sharks Sheffield Basketball Club are proud to announce that our very own Harry Turner has become the recipient of the prestigious Sheila Hopkins Community Volunteer of Year Award by the British Basketball League.

So what is Mike Shaft up to this Christmas holidays? Well it is certainly a busy period with broadcasting and Basketball at the fore.